Business Course for Participants of the Аnti-Terrorist Operation and the Joint Forces Operation
Zagoriy Foundation supported Kyiv School of Economics in development a business course for participants of the Anti-Terrorist Operation and the Joint Forces Operationas well as volunteers involved in military projects.
The programme objective was to help participants overcome uncertainty and fear in starting their own businesses and create new opportunities in a new peaceful environment. During the course, the participants gained knowledge about the basics of finance, marketing, team building, organization strategy, sales processes and logistics. Using their new skills, the participants were able to develop business plans.
- 104 course graduates from 3 batches have successfully implemented their business plans
- 19 top students received grants from Zagoriy Foundation to develop their business ideas
- Overall Budget ~6.35 mln UAH
Making Ukraine Ready for the Future!
#MEETheFUTURE – is an ongoing cycle of learning sessions, initiated and continuously supported by Zagoriy Foundation.
What is the project objective? We want to introduce proactive business-oriented Ukrainians to global economic, social, technologic, cultural, psychological and media trendsetters.
Target audience of #MEETheFUTURE: Businessmen, politicians, heads of state owned enterprises, media representatives, civic and cultural activists.
Find out more here: meethefuture.com
Ukrainian Catholic University Scholarship Programme
Ukrainian Catholic University (UCU) is a great example of effective contemporary education in Ukraine, which demonstrates the importance of working with students through sharing the values of giving and humanity in particular. Since 2015, Zagoriy Foundation has been implementingUCU development programme by providing scholarships to top UCU students and supporting the University activities in Lviv and Kyiv.
- 27 yearly scholarships have been granted to encourage top students
- Provided funding for the construction of Saint Sophia God’s Wisdom Chapel
- Provided support of the UCU activities in Kyiv
- Provided support in developing new academic programmes and the University campus in Lviv
- Overall Budget ~5.5 mln UAH
The Angels Exhibition
A large-scale art project that focused on studying and tracking down angels phenomenon from the times of Ancient Greece and Rome to the mass culture of the present days. Over 40 organizations were involved in implementing the project. 23 exhibit halls showcased over 400 unique displays of angels from private and public collections at Lozynskyi Palace and Pinzel Museum in Lviv.
- 32 000+ exhibition visitors in 3 months
- Overall Budget ~1.3 mln UAH
Centre Anne de Kyiv
Zagoriy Foundation has made a major contribution to the restoration project of Borys and Glib Church in Senlis, France as well as construction of Centre Anne de Kyiv. Since 2013, Centre Anne de Kyiv has been spreading the word about Ukraine and the famous Queen Anna Yaroslavna and working on becoming an influential platform for holding discussions on the important global changes and challenges.
In close collaboration with thought leaders, scientists and journalists from Europe the Centre has been holding discussions that are relevant to life of modern Europe and the world, namely: counter fight hybrid threats, raising tolerance towards migrants, dynamic volunteer communities etc. Through cultural, art, scientific, educational and scholarship projects, the Centre encourages people to reassess European identity of the 21st century.
Zagoriy Foundation provides support in organizing the annual charitable event Anne de Kyiv. The Third Millenium that will take place on 23 June 2020 at Sophia Kyivska National Reserve.
- Sustainable partnership with the Cultural Centre of Anne de Kyiv in France for further development and promotion was built
- Overall Budget ~450 000 UAH
The School of Rehabilitation Medicine within the Ukrainian Catholic University
Since 2016, Zagoriy Foundation has been supporting the UCU School of Rehabilitation Medicine by providing top quality educational programme for rehabilitation medicine specialists and contributing to the development of the best European rehabilitation practice in Ukraine. The School is determined to share valuable European experience of rehabilitation medicine with the Ukrainian colleagues, make maximum use of the current methodologies, promote inclusivity for people with disabilities, and develop new roles in rehabilitation medicine in Ukraine.
- 1735 participants
- 18 training sessions
- 17 open learning sessions
- 7 conferences
- 2 prep schools
- Overall Budget ~6.3 mln UAH
Rehabilitation Facilities of the Future
Rehabilitation Facilities of the Future is a complex programme on implementing new contemporary model of rehabilitation medicine based on best European practices. Zagoriy Foundation provided support to Kuzminy Brothers Fund in building a network of rehabilitation centers for ATO veterans. Adam Badir, a famous physiotherapist from Assuta Reaction Hospital in Israel, visited Ukraine upon the invitation of Zagoriy Foundation. He shared his vision on how to organize work, search personnel and purchase medical equipment, which helped to better assess the operational needs and enhance efficiency in designing rehabilitation centers.
- 2 rehabilitation centers in Zhytomyr and Kyiv have been refurbished
- Partially purchased medical equipment for Zhytomyr rehabilitation center (in particular, Motomed – movement therapy device for motor function recovery)
- Overall Budget ~950 000 UAH
In 2017, Zagoriy Foundation purchased medical equipment and materials for Dubny Central District Hospital in Rivne Region. In 2018 within the framework of Queue Free Appointment project, Zagoriy Foundation purchased equipment for Okhmadyt National Children Hospital in Kyiv.
- 2 hospitals in Ukraine have received modern medical equipment: platelet incubator, blood bank refrigerator, blood bank freezer and T-RAC II terumo recording & automatic blood collector
- Overall Budget ~1.2 mln UAH
Ukrainian Institute of Fashion History
Zagoriy Foundation provided support in creating Ukrainian Institute of Fashion History – the first interactive programme that introduces Ukrainians to the traditions of national costume making as well as encourages the development of contemporary Ukrainian fashion. Ukrainian Institute of Fashion History also serves as a creative space for organising pop-up exhibitions, educational and thematic events and research projects in fashion industry.
- Vytoky Red&White
- Vytoky Black&White
- EthnoVogueUA Women
- EthnoVogueUA Men
- Overall Budget ~600 000 UAH
The World Art. Ukrainian Contribution
Zagoriy Foundation supported a project focusing on promotion of book publishing in Ukraine and development of Ukrainian literary and art community abroad. Rodovid Publishing House jointly with History and Art Research Center organization became Zagoriy Foundation’s trusted partners in the implementation of this project.
Books published in 2016:
- The Ukrainian Academy of Art. The History of Foundation and Founders
- The Ukrainian Artists in Paris 1900-1939
- Kazimir Malevich Photobook. Kyiv Period 1928-1930
- The Ukrainian Art: From Bronze Age to Contemporary Times. The Calendar
Books published in 2017:
- Pure Art Catalogue
- Anatolyi Petrytskyi. Carte Blanche
- Alexis Gritchenko. Dynamocolor
Books published in 2018:
- Our Emblem. Symbols of Ukraine From Knyaz Times to Present Days
- The New Generation and Artistic Modernism in Ukraine
- Overall Budget ~700 000 UAH
Donated Blood Programme
Donated Blood – is a complex hospital-based programme of Transfusiology Department by the Center for Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery in Ukraine. Through 2016-2018 Zagoriy Foundation had been supporting the work of Transfusiology Department laboratory by arranging the purchase of blood plasma and red blood cells freezers.
- 1400 patients undergone cardio surgery
- 500+ patients undergone other types of surgery
- Overall Budget ~2.5 mln UAH
Supporting Ukrainian Book Publishing
The Line is a book by Mukola Malyshko, a Ukrainian sculptor, artist and illustrator that tells about his artistic work. This is a truly unique book for it combines text materials, including records of conversations, art experts’ opinions, biographical timeline, and visual pieces, including photographs of exhibits, sketches and family photo archive.
- Provided funding for publishing the The Line by Mykola Malyshko
- Overall Budget ~150 000 UAH
Ukraine is Where We Are Forum
In August 2018, the first international forum for volunteers and veterans Ukraine is Where We Are took place at Mystetskyi Arsenal Art and Culture Complex. Zagoriy Foundation acted as one of the event organisers and provided funding to support this event. The aim of the forum was to emphasize on the importance of building effective and efficient state policies on socialization processes for veterans as well as adderess this issue to involve government representatives.
- 120+ representatives of Ukrainian and foreign veterans and volunteers organisations participated in the event
- Overall Budget ~130 000 UAH
I Can Save a Life!
I Can Save a Life! is an all-Ukrainian educational project for school students that teaches the basics of first pre-medical aid to prevent premature mortality in Ukraine. Zagoriy Foundation supported the project implemented by Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health. The project involved medical instructors from Ukrainian Paramedic Group under the patronage of Maryna Poroshenko.
Within the framework of the educational programme, approved by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, a number of practical training sessions took place where school students were taught how to render first aid in the event of stagnation of the circulation, mechanical airway obstruction or bleeding.
The students were then able to practice their skills during all-Ukrainian competitions.
- 30 000+ school students from 16 regions of Ukraine participated in training sessions
- 20 learning stages, 640 training sessions and 3 all-Ukrainian competitions
- Overall Budget ~500 000 UAH
Eneyida Project. Visual Story of the Epic Poem
On 24 August 2017, the National Art Museum of Ukraine with the support of Zagoriy Foundation launched the Eneyida Project – an exhibition that presented the phenomenon of the epic poem by Ivan Kotlyarevskyi from a different angle. This was the first of a kind exhibition that accumulated around 200 art pieces including illustrations, easel paintings and graphics, theater posters and cartoon animation, photographic and video footage and books containing visuals of the epic poem that came from private collections and 11 museums.
- 20 000+ visitors
- Overall Budget ~600 000 UAH